Through 9/1, use this coupon for buy one get one free juices or smoothies at Jamba Juice! Use the store locator on this page to see if the location near you is accepting this coupon.
There is a high value $4/2 any Starbucks Coffee products coupon available to print that should score you free single bottles! This coupon can take quite a long time to print so you will need to be patient.
Click on Special Savings (top of page) to print this coupon.
Looking for a fun, yet super creepy looking Halloween party dessert? These witch finger cookies outta do it!
I'm going to share with all of you my family's recipe, but I will warn you ahead of time, this is all done by hand - no electric mixers. Also, there are no exact measurements with this recipe. Yet for some reason, these cookies turn out delicious each and very time!
My family's traditional white Italian cookie recipe ingredients:
- 2/12 lbs of flour (I always just "eye" half of a 5 lb bag)
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 tbs baking powder
- 2 sticks of butter flavored Crisco
- 5 - 6 eggs (You will have to determine how many to use once you mix the dough. Start with 5.)
- Milk (set aside the milk gallon and add little by little)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
Preheat the oven to 350° and mix together (with your thoroughly washed hands) the flour, sugar, and baking powder. Make a hole in the center of the mixture. Then lightly beat 5 eggs in a separate bowl with the vanilla. Pour the egg and vanilla into the hole. Mix everything together with your hands. Squishing the dough in your hands will help the process. Then add the 2 sticks of Crisco and mix together with your hands. The dough should be dry. This is where you will determine whether you need another egg. I did end up adding another egg to my dough because it was too dry. Add about a 1/2 cup of milk and mix. When the dough is crumbly, yet will stick together when you form a ball, it is good to go. If the dough sticks to your hands, it needs more flour.
I started off with a ball just slightly smaller than a golf ball, then rolled it into the finger shape. Don't worry about making it smooth, the bumps can be the witch's warts (ew). At one end of the finger, I formed the nail bed by squeezing the end together and then flattened it out with my thumb. This will make it easier for the almond slivers to be adhered with the frosting. I used the end of a butter knife to make the knuckle wrinkles. (Is that what they are even called?)
Bake for 7 - 10 minutes just until lightly browned. These cookies can go from soft and moist to hard and crunchy in a matter of a minute so be sure to watch them. I know mine are done just by the smell because I've made them so many times.
Once they are cooled, adhere the slivered almonds with red colored frosting. I used the Wilton Icing Writer Tube.
I don't know about you guys, but the finger on the left and the finger on the right creep me out!
FYI - The recipe above makes a HUGE amount of cookies!
Now don't laugh too hard but I don't know how to use a sewing machine. I have wanted to learn how to sew for a long time now. I don't have very many sewing class options available in my area and the ones that are available, well...they are a tad bit too pricey for me.
Craftsy doesn't just offer craft courses either. You will find free online courses for sewing, gardening, woodworking, cake decorating, quilting, paper crafts, and so much more.
Our hundreds of classes in quilting, sewing, knitting, cake decorating, art, photography, cooking and many more categories, bring the world's best instructors to you. Learn at your pace with easy-to-follow HD video lessons you can access on your computer and mobile device anytime, anytime, anywhere, forever.
See a full list of the free Craftsy online courses and start learning something new today!
Here are today's FREE Kindle eBooks! Every weekday I will update this list with the most current FREE Kindle eBooks in Contemporary, Romance, History, Religion and Spirituality, Children's, Cookbooks, Sci-Fi and Paranormal, Mystery and more!
Today's magazine deal from DiscountMags is a 1-year subscription to Redbook Magazine for only $4.99 (12 issues) when you use promo code WHATROSEKNOWS at checkout! Order up to 3 years at this price. Available for new and existing subscribers.
If you find another subscription that you are interested in on Discount Mags, you can apply promo code WHATROSEKNOWS and 20% will be taken off your total.
With DiscountMags you are never subject to auto-renewal.
- $0.69 each 16-oz package Zucchini
- $0.99 each 4-pk Sweet Corn
- $0.99 each 3-pk Green Peppers
- $2.29 per 3-lb bag Gala Apples
- $0.99 each Cantaloupe
- $1.99 each Seedless Watermelon
This week's Red Hot Special are these Shep Pet Mats for only $2.99 each!
Aldi shopping tips:
- Be prepared with cash or a debit check card. Aldi does not accept credit cards.
- Bring a quarter for the cart. By not hiring employees to gather the carts from the parking lot, they pass the savings on to their customers with low prices.
- Bring reusable bags. By not providing bags for your groceries, they are again passing the savings on to their customers with low prices. Bags are available for purcahse, but by bringing your own bags, you will save money.
- Don't be turned off by the Aldi brand. Their products are made by the same manufacturers that make well-known brands. The only difference is that the cost of the product is lower because there is no advertising cost to offset!
- Aldi does not accept coupons.